Tips for Finding Low Cost California Medical Insurance
There are lots of ways for you to find low cost California medical insurance. Unfortunately, some methods of lowering your medical insurance rates can also cause problems for you since they make your insurance less able to help you. The following tips will assist you in finding good rates for medical insurance without sacrificing quality.
- Medical insurance premiums are usually tax-deductible for self-employed individuals. Your tax professional can also help you determine if having a flexible spending account makes you eligible for another kind of tax break.
- You can save money by purchasing prescription drugs over the Internet. The same is often true of pharmacies that work over the phone. Since these companies have low overhead costs, they are able to offer you better prices. Still, check with BBB online before purchasing drugs from a company you are not familiar with; you don't want to get caught in a scam. Your health is a serious matter and should be treated that way.
- You will find the best prices by doing comparison shopping. If you speak with friends and family about their insurance policies and rates, you will get a lot of ideas about what companies you are interested in. You don't want to make a decision on which insurance company to go with based off of commercials or company claims; the personal experiences of people you know are much more reliable.
- Setting up an EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) with your bank that automatically pays your insurance bill will save you money and is simple to do, too. Since your insurance company will not have to mail you a paper bill, they will save money on shipping and reduce that from your rate.
- Large associations often make use of group health expense sharing plans. These offer lower rates as well. The terms of these medical plans are determined by the members of the group, as is the kind of coverage that will be offered. Joining such a group will usually mean paying lower medical insurance premiums. Before joining, make sure that the group's insurance plan fits your needs.